Interested Faculty members from various departments from both the campuses are involved in the activities proposed by the centre.
- To bring together scholars undergoing research on the region from anywhere.
- To bring together scholars from the region doing research on any area anywhere.
- To encourage groups and individuals seeking research capabilities from the region.
- To promote research capabilities in the location specific disadvantaged institutions of higher education.
- To bring the available resources from various governmental and non governmental agencies across the country and in different parts of the world for research related activities.
Location and Organization
- Salesian Research Institute shall be an extension/outreach programme of Salesian College coordinated from both its campuses.
- The committee of coordination of the Research Institute shall consist of a Director and a team selected from among the permanent staff holding a PhD degree and minimum of five years teaching and research experience.
- The management of finances and its moveable and immovable property shall be the responsibility of the College after due consideration of the proposals made by the coordination committee.
- The Committee shall meet at least thrice a year to plan and evaluate the progress of the activities of the Research Institute.
The Centre shall provide the following facilities:
- Office space /Website
- Work station for the fellows/scholars admitted on specific tasks for the duration as shall be specified in the admission contract for research fellowship.
- Library and access to Inflibnet Digital Resources of NLIST Consortia.
- Internet Facility.
- Special assistance for the Other-abled
The Activities to be promoted
- Holding regular (semester/trimester wise) workshops of Research Scholars.
- Encouraging young scholars to gain experience in research under the guidance of senior researchers and in collaboration with research networks.
- Shall provide financial assistance to the researchers on terms and conditions that shall be specified by the Institute depending on the availability of resources and the nature of research project submitted by the scholar.
- Enable scholars to avail of assistance from governmental or non-governmental agencies and other research centres and institutes.
- The annual Report of the Institute shall be submitted to the Governing Body of the College and made available on its website.